Friday, February 17, 2006

Maximum Overdrive


I have never been one to understand machinery. Power tools and devices with engines are not something I am confident with. Last weekend this created the first repair I will need to do to our house. (We have only been here 1 month.) At the end of the snowstorm on 2/12 I ventured outside to fire up our new snowblower (thank you Earl). For those of you who have never used a snowblower (which was me a week ago), there are two levers, one on each handle. The right lever engages the actual snow blowing part of the machine. The left one engages the power drive to the wheels. As I was clearing the small path behind the house I wanted to stop the snowblower, however, I did not release the correct handle. The snowblower drove under the house smashing through the "fake brick" siding that goes all around the house. You can see in the picture that I have sort of pieced it back together for the time being. I am really hoping that I have better luck next week when I use the new chainsaw!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, now that you have tried the snowblow. Lets see you take a hand (please, not literally) at a chainsaw.
:) Ali

CMA said...

I am sad that your house is apparently made out of styrofoam.
-Corey

Anonymous said...

I am vaguely concerned for you, now that I know you're going to also be using a chainsaw.
Please be careful to release the proper things at the proper time. Though, if you do miss-release and you lose a hand, perhaps you can get a shiny new hook instead? It would make picking a halloween costume easier, wouldn't it?
-Tric