Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Gift of a Broom


Here goes......Thanks to Corey for inspiring me to be a copycat and start a blog. I pondered over the idea for days wondering what on earth I would write about. I guess I decided that I have a few interesting personal tales and random thoughts that someone might find interesting.


So............the first musing I would like to put out there has to do with the Winter Olympics. I have always been a fan, I can remember watching the bobsled events during the 1980 Lake Placid Olympics. This year I have taken an interest in the curling. I have tried to get Alice (my wife for those of you who don't already know) interested and I think I am making progress. Anyway, it dawned upon me that the only acceptable time to give a woman a broom as a holiday gift (birthday, Christmas, etc.) is if she is a curler. Any other time and the broom will probably become a weapon.

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. Comment if you chose, I won't be offended if you don't.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, you and that curling thing. I am still trying to decide if it is a sport. I understand the needed percision, team work, controled speed and yes the rocks are very heavy. I am not saying that I could do it. Whatever makes you happy... so long as the female curlers exotic calander doesn't make it's way into our house. Heck you guys would make dish washing a sport if it had a female exotic calander pronouncing it to be so. Well, I'll see you when you come back out of the bathroom. Don't forget to check your heels for toliet paper.
Love,
Ali

CMA said...

It makes me sad that your wife communicates with you via your blog. It makes me wonder if you two need to talk more face-to-face, or if maybe one of you has a problem with that (like tourette's or something...).

Also, I am sad that your wife denies you your exotic sexy women calendars at home. I guess you will just have to keep them in your classroom at school....
-Corey

Anonymous said...

Hi Brad,

Go Curler Pete Fenson! Did you watch last night. They got "hammered" by Canada. Maybe, they will come out with the bronze medal. See you soon,
Michele