Friday, February 24, 2006

The Circle of "Life"

A bowl of cereal has to be one of the most versatile meals. It's great for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack. As Jerry Seinfeld says the milk at the bottom of the bowl is "the nectar of the Gods". There are so many wonderful varieties that you always have a new flavor to discover. Aside from Grapenuts (which I have to believe are a cruel trick to make people eat actual bits of rock) I haven't met a bowl I didn't like. I recently discovered that I share my birthday (February 26) with Dr. James Kellogg the inventor of the Corn Flake. He was born in the 1800's (a couple of years before me). I have to believe there is some connection between us. This coming June Alice, Doug and I will be heading on vacation to Kalamazoo, Michigan. We are heading to visit our good friend Corey and while we are there we plan to visit the Kelloggs factory. There is also a chance we might get to go to "Cereality" in Chicago. If you have never heard of "Cereality" take a moment to check it out. www.cereality.com
So, in honor of Dr. Kellogg, have a bowl or two of your favorite cereal this Sunday. You know I will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've gotta agree. Cereal is pretty great. There are a few sick jokes in the cereal group though. I definately agree with Grape Nuts (Grape Grit) and I'll add to that Shredded Wheat, a food that could also be used in an interrogation setting. Yuck.
From Your Little Flake,
Ali

Anonymous said...

Hey doctor! It's Hoffman. Just wanted to send you a quick (slightly belated) Happy Birthday!! I hope all is well.