Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Out with the old...in with the "certified pre-owned"

This past Monday was a day of sadness and great joy. On March 17, 1998 I bought my very first new car. It was a Saturn and I managed to drive it 161,000 miles in just over 9 years. On Monday I left it at the car dealership. A sadness came over me. The memories....I have lived 4 different places with that car. I took Alice out on our first date in that car. I drove Doug home from the hospital in that car. The list goes on and on. The concerts, camping trips, vacations, etc. It is amazing how much time a person can spend sitting in one place. Now it is time to get over the sadness. It didn't take me too long. Now, we didn't get another new car, we got a used one, but we are quite pleased. We now have a 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. Yes, Limited Edition! That means that we have a sunroof, heated leather seats and a little readout that tells us if we are going north or south. It is nice to have a little more room and my mind is at ease about dependability. My Saturn had become less reliable and I was always nervous traveling any distance with the family. Now I can enjoy the ride. I am greatly enjoying having power windows. That is a first for me. Yes, it is the simple things that I truly enjoy.
See you on the road!

A thought to ponder: "If you ever fall off the Sears Tower, just go real limp, because maybe you'll look like a dummy and people will try to catch you because, hey, free dummy".-Jack Handey

1 comment:

CMA said...

Oddly, I have noticed that men feel much sadder and more nostalgic when trading in a car for a newer model than when "trading in" their wife for a "newer model." Go figure.