Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Summer Wind...

...came blowing in, from across the sea. Ahh yes....I can hardly believe that summer is nearing it's end. I had many intentions to do some posting but it seems that I've been away since May. Well, for anyone interested here is a quick update of my summer...started with more family "fun"...taught summer school for 4 weeks...celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary...saw the Mets beat the Reds.....saw Testament at the Chance....took the family camping (an experiment for our 2 year old that didn't work)..painted the bathroom...
Overall it has been a fun time. I did have a surprise last week when I found out very last minute that I wasn't going to be working at the fair. For those of you who don't know I have spent the last 11 years selling fudge at the Dutchess County Fair. The folks I work for called last minute and they cancelled. No more fudge! The bad news...money I was counting on and didn't get (I don't even want to think about money)...the good news...I got to actually go to the fair with Alice, Doug and my mom. Doug got to try his first 4H milkshake, some cotton candy, meet a pig face to face and go on some rides. He had such a good time, I am so happy I didn't miss it. Now as I start to get ready for school to restart we are heading up to Vermont for our annual end of summer relaxation. I am really looking forward to getting away. I do have some ideas for some other post...so perhaps after school gets back in swing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that overall your summer has been good. Sorry to hear about the fudge :(.

CMA said...

I am glad that Doug enjoyed the rides at the fair. What did he think of the Gravitron? :)