Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Shufflin' Along

I recently read a magazine article where celebrities were asked to put their I-Pods on shuffle and tell something about the first 3 songs that came on. This sounded like fun so I thought I'd give it a try. I am a bit nervous about what might come up, but here goes:
1. Divertimento No. 17 by Mozart (Wow! I don't think I've ever played this and I don't recall putting Mozart on here)
2. Angel of Harlem by U2 (A cool song, not my favorite of theirs. I really enjoy "One" and the entire How to Dismantle and Atomic Bomb album. We saw that tour and it was awesome!)
3. Hyde by Savatage (Again, a song I have never heard before. Alice's friend Jessie is a huge Savatage fan and let me burn all of their Cd's. I have some favorite tunes "Hall of the Mountain King" but "Hyde" is unfamiliar.
Okay...I'm curious....here are the next few songs..
4. Think About an End by Anthrax
5. The Black Halo by Kamelot
6. Once Upon a Dream on the Jekyll & Hyde soundtrack
7. Me & Julio Down by the School Yard by Me First and the Gimmee Gimmees
8. Your Horoscope for Today by Weird Al Yankovic
9. City of Blinding Lights by U2
10. The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota by Weird Al Yankovic

There you have it. Not bad. You should give this a try and let me know what you got. Feel free to post it here.
Now for my thought to ponder:
"It's not good to let any kid near a container that has a skull and crossbones on it, because there might be a skeleton costume inside and the kid could put it on and really scare you."-Jack Handy

2 comments:

CMA said...

I agree that you shouldn't let a child try to scare you with a skeleton costume. It would be WAY scarier if you stopped feeding him until he gets skinny enough to look like a REAL skeleton! Or you could poison the child, but I am not sure how you'd identify a container of poison....

Anonymous said...

Cheating a little. I'm not using my mp3 player, but I am using my iTunes, and I'll do the same as you.

1. 'Another Suitcase In Another Hall'; Andrew Lloyd Webber; Evita (I think this should be clear. A great deal of love for musicals here. All thanks to your wife. ;))
2. 'The Night Santa Went Crazy'; Weird Al Yankovic; Bad Hair Day (Another music love inspired by a sibling. I remember sitting in my room listening to lots of Weird Al. I still really enjoy this song.)
3. 'Just Another Day To Live (Extended Version)'; Vanilla Ninja; Blue Tattoo (I'm not yet sure how I feel about Vanilla Ninja, an Estonian group that I was introduced to by some friends. They seem pretty interesting though)
4.'I'm Not Wearing Underwear Today'; Original Broadway Cast; Avenue Q
5. 'Grumpy Old Men Booing'; The Muppets; Muppets
6. 'Can You Feel The Love Tonight'; Disney; De Leeuwekoning
7. 'Spirit of the Sea'; Blackmore's Night; Beyond the Sunset
8. 'I Turn My Camera On'; Spoon; Veronica Mars - Best Of Season 2
9. 'Ballroom Scene'; Ambrosian Choir; London Sinfonietta; Annie Get Your Gun
10. 'Now what is this, and what is that'; Gilbert & Sullivan; The Pirates of Penzance