Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Cooking, Singing & Dancing?

Cooking, singing and dancing? My New Year's Resolutions? Nope....themes of new video games.
I have always enjoyed playing video games (even since my Atari 2600 and those afternoons of Pacman), now games seems to be changing, at least the ones I'm playing. I guess it started a little over a year ago when I got introduced to Katamari Damacy. If you have never played it (there are now two with a new one coming in 2007) you simply must give it a try. Basically you roll a ball around and collect things. For my birthday this past February I got Guitar Hero with an actual guitar controller. I am pleased to say that this time I have gotten some other people hooked on this game. For Christmas I got a game called Cooking Mama (where you have to chop, dice, slice and fry your way through recipes) and another called Elite Beat Agents (where you have to dance your way to saving the world). These two games are on the Nintendo DS and you do everything with a stylus instead of the tradition buttons and game pad. My friend Randy (another Guitar Hero!) recently got a Nintendo Wii and brought it over. We bowled, we boxed and played tennis. I was so impressed. Alice is now hooked on the Karaoke games which are also quite fun (unless you are someone having to listen to me sing through the TV). It seems that the games I have been playing are getting more and more fun. Less sitting down, more interesting controllers and overall more fun. I highly recommend that you try out any of the games I have mentioned. That is...if you want to have fun!

No comments: