Saturday, August 19, 2006

Captain Feathersword

Being a dad is without a doubt the most amazing thing I have ever done in my life. No matter how tough a day is seeing Doug smile makes it all better. Now, I have many things that I could blog about that I have learned or experienced since becoming a dad, but this I feel is most important.

Have you ever heard of the Wiggles? They are a group of guys, each dressed in matching outfits of different colors. They play instruments and play overly happy songs. I guess they even go on tour. Doug does not watch the Wiggles. Sesame Street and Met's baseball are all he watches at the moment. Well, last week my cousin Jim visited us from Pennsylvania. He came with an awesome gift for Doug. It is a book of songs by the Wiggles and it includes a microphone that you can sing into and along with the song. (Doug actually just chews on the microphone, I however belt out the tunes). Since I have limited exposure to the Wiggles I am not familiar with most of the songs in the book. I have learned a few and am working on the rest. One song in particular jumps out at me as being a bit odd. It is about a pirate captain. Here are the words to the song, decide for yourself:

He can cook a birthday cake for a party you see
Ooh, it's Captain Feathersword
He can show you how to do a groovy pirate dance
Ooh, it's Captain Feathersword
He'll tickle you, he'll tickle me
He'll tickle everything that moves and everything he sees.

This pirate captain is actually dressed like a pirate with a sword that has feathers instead of a blade. I just did a Google search for the captain and discovered that they sell actual swords made of feathers. Yikes!

No comments: