Monday, July 17, 2006

How things change...


Well, since my last blog, life has definately changed. Last week our new puppy "Dex" had been sick with an upset stomach (nothing uncommon for a dog moving to a new home). During his 2nd visit to the vets in 5 days, the vet felt something strange and wanted to keep Dex overnight and stated that most likely they would have to do surgery the next morning. It was hard to leave him there (little did I know that would be the last time I was to see him). The next morning everyone waited and hoped to hear good news. Alice received the call mid-morning stating that Dex had made it through surgery just fine, however, he stopped breathing while waking up. They had tried to revive him but couldn't. Words can't explain the rest of that day. I drove out to pick him up later that afternoon and in the evening we buried him at my inlaws. Dex only spent 5 nights with us, not even enough time to get a tag, yet it felt like he had been here even longer. Alice and I had waited 5 years to get a puppy. We have found another and will be getting her next week. I am excited, yet even more nervous than ever. I'm sure she'll be fine and do well. What happened with Dex was a rare occurance. I'm glad we have some wonderful pictures to remember him by.
Farnsworth "Dex" Dexter April 17, 2006-July 13, 2006.

No comments: