Sunday, April 30, 2006

Whaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!!

Over the 34 plus years of my life I have seen quite a few movies. I enjoy going to the theater and also renting a good flick to watch at home. I enjoy many genres of film from comedy to horror, drama and even some good old classics. Recently it seems that I keep getting into conversations where people mention a movie that I haven't seen. Yes, it is true I haven't seen them all. The common response is "WHAAAAAT....You haven't seen ______________ "(insert name of any movie you have seen). It's as if I have committed some horrid crime. I feel like I should mention a movie in return that they haven't seen...but by then the effect is gone. I admit, there are some classics I haven't seen (Casablanca, Rear Window, The History of Pickletown) and even some more recent ones that I've missed(Jurassic Park ((hey I'm not much into dinosaurs)), Pochohontas, Crash etc.), but I mean really.....what movies have you missed? Who here has seen "Chopping Mall"? Anyone? How about "Sarah, Plain and Tall"? Well anyway, the point is that I haven't seen every movie and at the rate new movies come out I don't imagine I'll ever catch up. I'd rather watch a Met's game anyway.
To wrap up this post I thought I would list my Top 10 favorite movies with you. If you choose to leave a reply why not include your Top 10. I'd be interested in how many I haven't seen!
Brad's Top 10 Favorite Movies of All Time:
1. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
2. Smokey and the Bandit
3. When Harry Met Sally
4. The Music Man (with Robert Preston)
5. Star Wars Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
6. National Lampoons Vacation
7. Pulp Fiction
8. Airplane
9. The Naked Gun
10. Rent

2 comments:

CMA said...

You really should see Crash....

Here is my Top 5 Movie List (as I type from Ithaca:

1) Moulin Rouge
2) Beavis and Butthead Do America
3) American Beauty
4) The War
5) And the Band Played On

Happy Whatever-the-Heck-You-Do-When-You-Are-Not-Reading-My-Blog-Responses!
-Corey

Anonymous said...

Hey Brad,

I finally got to see Chopping Mall. Very interesting. :) Mark and I watched it after I found it on the campusnet and remembered you suggesting it.

-Tric

Top 10 at least for now
1. The Last Unicorn
2. Resident Evil 1&2
3. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
4. Spaceballs
5. Chicago
6. V for Vendetta
7. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe
8. Dawn of the Dead
9. Dogma
10. The Princess Bride