Saturday, April 15, 2006

Great taste! Less filling!

In order to fully appreciate this story you need to know 2 things.
1. My friend Dave does home brewing. About once a month he comes over with some new brews, I provide the pizza and we watch a baseball game or play a video game. To help with his home brewing I save all of my empty beer bottles for him.
2. We had a mouse in the house a few weeks ago.

So, last night Dave and his wife Laura came over for pizza and beverages. We ate, chatted and watched the Met's game. While Dave was over I asked him for some advice. (He works in construction building and remodeling houses) I told him that I thought our mouse friend had died and was under the dishwasher or sink area. The smell had gotten pretty bad the past few days but I couldn't find a mouse corpse anywhere. He showed me how to pull out the dishwasher so that I could get a better view. I planned on actually doing this today. Later in the evening Dave and Laura were about to leave so I gathered up the empty beer bottles and apologized about the odor since I keep them under the sink. As we were chatting a bit more Dave noticed the odor getting quite strong and asked if the mouse was in one of the bottles I had given him. Sure enough, there was the mouse corpse in the bottom of a bottle of Caramel Porter.
I'm sure Dave is going to carefully inspect anything I give him in the future. I had thought about mailing the bottle back to the beer company and blaming it on them. Then I remembered the lady with the finger in her chili and decided not to. I was, however, quite impressed that the mouse was able to fit in the small opening of the bottle. At least he had good taste in beers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok everyone, remember that story. We now have something to tease the heck of Brad with. Finally some revenge material.
Ali

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the typo- thats "tease the heck out of Brad".
:( Ali