Thursday, April 12, 2007

Sometimes the Snow Comes Down in June

I am confused as to what season it is. Baseball is on tv, the barbeque is out, Easter has come and gone....yet today I had a 2 hour delay for school. I wish that the seasons would work themselves out. This past Christmas was warm, Easter was cold. I wonder if we'll have snow during the 4th of July events.
On to other topics.
Has anyone seen "Survivor Man"? I recently discovered this show on the Discovery channel and it has me hooked. Les Stroud is the star of the show....check out his blog from the following link:
http://www.survivorman.ca/
Les tries to survive a week in some remote location (desert, arctic, jungle etc.) without food and water. He has a few small items and has to create a shelter, find food and water and beat the elements. It reminded of the Gary Paulson book "Hatchet". (A great book, yes it is a kids book, but a wonderful quick read.) As I watch the show I wonder how I might do. I think I could definitely start a fire and create a shelter. I'm not sure what would be worse though....extreme cold or extreme heat. If you get a chance check out the show.
Now....the anticipated thought to ponder.
"If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying". And if he asks why God is crying another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did.""-Jack Handey

No comments: